Sunday, May 05, 2002

DAWNING WORLDS

And out there while I was working digging butternut squash mounds but I first I had to move the pile of lumber, but first I had to dig up that stump that was where the lumber had to go, I went and got the tools and dug up the stump sweating and straining but it was ok I realized because whatever I had to do it would never be more than I'd had to do when I worked for Henry the dutch gardener, summers while I was in college. I dug up the stump sweating, moved the lumber board by board by board by board sweating, cleared the planting spot sweating, sweating dug the three holes went and got the potted squash plants and the compost and planted the plants and made it all neat and then went into the house dripping sweat and aching in muscle and bone and opened the fridge and got out the tallest coldest cannest beerest thing in the refrigerator and went out on the deck and stood in the breeze from the Lake and went PSSHHHT!!!!!! in that beer can-opening sound that precedes all major miracles and tilted way back deep into being and there was a vast frisson in the universe and the birds flying by said Hey bro howya doin and the moment was vast and it was deep and and it was wide and so was I and the worlds dawning inside me

No comments: