Sunday, September 07, 2003

~~~~~~~~~


SOFTWARE, ROPE, COLDCUTS ETC.

It's been a weird few days. For a while I, or rather Pure Land Mountain, was without a template altogether, then I got it back, then it was broken off in the middle as it is now but I'll post this anyway, maybe you can read it in someday, all as I was trying to rectify my RSS feed and do some other long awaited tweaking, that's when it always happens, it made for an interesting series of days, reminded me of the time I pulled that 50-meter coil of rope out of the toolshed, that over the two years intervening had somehow spontaneously generated on each meter at least triplicates of every knot in the universe and a few parallel ones never seen on this side of reality before, with a mathematical synergy on the order of 50 to the 50th power. It was enough to make a topologist weep with joy. As I weep with well maybe not joy upon beholding my broken template. But since I'm here (and to what effect I could ask), I might as well relate the anecdote of the combini (convenience store) this afternoon, where I was sitting in the car parked by the door passionately enjoying if you must know a HaaaaagenDazzzzsss maple nut ice cream wafer sandwich thingy, highly recommended, as Kaya slept from the exhaustion of our afternoon swimming in the Lake, gorgeous day, and up pulled about eight big fat Harleyish bikes carrying hardboiled Japanese bikers and their hardboiled biker gals with shades on and bugs in their teeth, the guys and gals wearing earrings and bandannas and jeans and belts and boots and whatnots, and the guys had these really nice-looking very top quality leather vests on, must be many man (hundreds of bucks) apiece, and one by one they passed through the swinging doors of the combini, and on the back of those great-looking vests, inside a large silver painted/stitched diamond shape for emphasis was spelled out, in large, garish letters, the word "Sausage." Through the door swaggered "Sausage." "Sausage." "Sausage." "Sausage." You tell me. East may be East, and West may be West, but Sausage is definitely Sausage.

No comments: