Thursday, October 16, 2003

~~~~~~~~~


HOW STARVED A SPIRIT, TO FIND ANY PLEASURE IN THIS!

"After signing a release form and forking over $55 for 50 rounds, I hunkered down and took aim. With remarkably little effort, I obliterated the hubcap on a rusting car about 100 yards out. Alas, running through the 50-round belt took all of about four seconds. Before I knew it, the gun owner was smiling and shaking my hand. I was happy but wanted more.
This was a common lament. A guy next to me told me how he burned through $550 firing the MG42 last year.

'I just couldn't stop,' he said.

Neither could I. But not before watching 10-year-old Emily fire the Heckler & Koch MP5, the preferred weapon of counterterrorist units the world over. "

Gosh, talk about family fun. Guy's a reporter, seems to have an insecure hunger for power and no idea how sick this is. Full story at Opinion Journal of the Wall Street Journal, now strangely pandering to the gun crowd.

No comments: