Tuesday, October 26, 2004


I REFUSE TO BUY TOKYO, WHICH ANYWAY SHOULD CHANGE ITS NAME SINCE KYOTO WAS HERE FIRST

I think the possible election of George W. Bush (The horror! The horror!) may be screwing up my life, and I absolutely do not want to buy Tokyo, I don't care who's elected. These kinds of things tend to happen to me when I'm on my way to the office in zomboid mode just off the train without my glasses say on a rainy morning of what is definitely going to be a very long day and for example I go to buy, oh, a couple of books of Kyoto-Osaka train tickets at the JR window where they keep all the clerks who don't pay much attention to mere customers, so we're supposed to pay all the attention ourselves, in addition to the prices. It’s caveat emptor city around there. But I was emptoring 100% and caveating zilch, being in the state of general Zness mentioned above.

So I bought my books of tickets this morning a la complete zombosis, having spent the previous week painting and roofing in the high clean air, not doing broken field running through breath-humid rush-hour train stations with slippery floors, and when at last I arrived all rainy at the office I put on my glasses and took out all the tickets, receipts, credit cards, bills, coins, tissues, toothpicks and other pocket detritus and set to organizing it all while I had a quick breakfast at my desk, where almost at once I defaced my notebook display with a fine spray blended of delicately flaky croissant and a surpassingly flavorful Prince of Wales tea upon noting that the credit card receipt, which should be for about 9000 yen (about 90 dollars US), was in fact for about 200,000 yen (about 2,000 dollars US). This did not sit well. To be continued...

No comments: