Monday, May 02, 2005


SOME MEMES YOU CAN'T FORGET


It was well over a month ago, as I recall, that Anna Scott kindly asked me to take part in this reading meme and I said I would, gladly, and started to think about it, got a couple portions decided then turned around and blinked and to my amazement well over a month had passed, as I recall, when Ronni Bennett sent me an email kindly asking me to participate in this reading meme, so I figured I'd better get my act together while I still had one with available parts; for me, some things just take more than well over a month:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

ULYSSES by James Joyce


Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Anna Karenina


The last book you bought is:

THE BLIND WATCHMAKER by Richard Dawkins


The last book you read:

THE CREATORS by Daniel J. Boorstin


What are you currently reading?

(rereading) IN PRAISE OF SHADOWS by Junichiro Tanizaki

(rereading) THE JOURNALS OF LEWIS AND CLARK ed. DeVoto

AMERICA IN 1492 ed. Alvin M. Josephy, Jr.


Five books you would take to a deserted island:

WALDEN by H. D. Thoreau

BEYOND GEOGRAPHY by Frederick Turner

ROUGHING IT by Mark Twain

THE LORD OF THE RINGS by J. R. R. Tolkein

LEAVES OF GRASS by Walt Whitman


Who are you going to pass this meme to (3 persons) and why?


Ronni Bennett too late...
Shirley Mills ex post facto...
M. Sinclair Stevens
Indigo Ocean

Because I'd love some book recommendations from people whose taste I respect.

No comments: