Sunday, July 17, 2005


KEECH ARRIVES

Keech and his friends Chad and Kelly finally made it here a couple nights ago, on their long drive from Seattle in quest of some sun and beach, via the beautiful drive down California highway 1 through Big Sur, and I got to see Keech for the first time in three years. I'd seen all three of them in the musical they did when they were together at Summit. They're all quite a bit taller now, no longer boys. Chad and Kelly have rented a car and will trip down the coast to Hollywood and San Diego to suss out info on some business ideas they have while we take Keech down to Desert Hot Springs and Palm Springs for a few days, then we'll all meet up down there for a tour of the Salton Sea, which they say they must see and film. Fun to be a father on tour in California.

So much to write about, so little time. My brother Mick and I also decided to start a blog together (The Blog Brothers) to be continued from our opposite sides of the world, enabling us to carry on the greatly memorable but evanescent late-night remeniscing-musing conversations we've been having every night since I got here.

Then in my quest for pie (a major feature of all my US visits) there was my first visit to Costco, macrocosm of America, where we bought a peach pie we practically need a garage for... will deal with these and many other subjects at appropriate length when leisure returns...

No comments: