Thursday, February 09, 2006


SHUT UP AND BUY SOMETHING


"I was very lucky to have seen that culture which showed me that a real community of shared labor is possible -- or at least was at one time in this country. And if I ever doubt it I can go up to those hill farms and look into the clouded old eyes and wrinkled visages of the people who once babysat me as a child and with whom I shot my first rabbit and quail."

Welcome to Middle-Class Lockdown - Joe Bageant's beautiful take on loss of community in America

(Also see Revenge of the Mutt People)

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Are you feeling any better?

Kaya is getting so grown up!!!

Robert Brady said...

Much better, Mary Lou, thanks. Recollecting in tranquility is nice.
And Kaya is very much enjoying the process of becoming a lady.