Wednesday, January 23, 2008


BARELY NICE THINGS


Hunkered out in the morning winter rain up here, thinning some spinach for lunch, after I pinch off the soil-caked roots and leave them there to nourish the future I am privileged to note the nevertheless kindness of the snowcold rain in washing the dirt off my freezing fingers so I can carry the handfuls of baby spinach back to the kitchen without getting dirt on the leaves... such barely nice things as this, easy to miss, going on even in the cold heart of a gray chill-drizzly day...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the glass is half-full theory of life.

Tabor

Robert Brady said...

Gotta be an extra plus in there somewhere...

Anonymous said...

Lovely spinach! I just know I'd do well to have you for my health coach...if only. I truely love the good foods for body and soul. Just need the support and environment.