Saturday, February 02, 2008


WINTER NIGHT


When I go out into the winter night I do more than depart from a door, a home, warmth and light, the merenesses I leave behind-- it is now me alone in the face of all else that is, that is relentlessly, that drives inside myself as well, we are so inseparate-- I am more at home than ever, here in the wind, the cold that would erase me, if that were the way of things-- but that is why I am here-- the way of things, mighty as it is, is shared-- shared by the wind with my face, shared by the warmth I bear in being, and one day need no longer bear, when my small mote rejoins the snow in its turn to rain and flowers, melting into the eternity we have only a word for...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for writing this

Robert Brady said...

Thanks back...

Suzann said...

My heart to yours - in gratitude -