Saturday, July 11, 2009


LIFE WITHOUT BRAKES


As I was driving back from town this morning, the trailer truck ahead of me that might have had no brakes because it had no brake lights recalled to me that day in Spain when I was fixing the brakes on the SEAT, had the brake system completely dismantled and found out I'd need a special wrench to finish the job, so without a second thought I jumped in the brakeless car and drove the long narrow winding dirt road out to the local winding paved road, then along that winding upward over the mountain and winding down to and through the village, thence along the faster highway to the narrow roads of the nearest town where there was a hardware store, found a parking spot on the street nearby, pulled over brakeless to the curb and parked, went in and got the wrench, then drove home again and finished fixing the brakes.

From the vantage of 30 years later I couldn't believe I'd been willing and able to do such a thing without a qualm, and survive to recall it.

The past is fuller of miracles the longer it gets.

3 comments:

Field engineer said...

hi

Anonymous said...

nice post
executive protection
Best Way to Update Windows Drivers

rohit said...

I did go through the article and would appreciate the efforts of the writer to share such an insightful and well-researched article. keep doing it
best crm in india

top 10 crm software in india