Monday, January 26, 2004

~~~~~~~


PIE IN MY SKY

Curses, I missed National Pie Day on January 23! Despite my earlier pie-related cris de coeur I received no notice from the American Pie Council regarding this soul-feeding and essentially American event. Just as I feared, the uniquely American pie tradition is fading in the quest for mere skin and bone... Think I'll become a member and get a free subscription to Pie Times, along with the other special benefits...

Betcha can't read these names and not drool...

Lemon Meringue Pie
Triple Berry Supreme Pie
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Fresh Raspberry Pie
Hawaiian Strawberry Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie
Coconut Cream Pie
Bakers Square French Silk Pie
Killer Key Lime Pie
Caramel Apple Pie
Soda Shoppe Coconut Cream
Golden Peach Pie
Cinnamon French Apple Pie
Coconut Creme de la Cream Pie
Dutch Apple Hi-Pie
Banana Cream Pie
Cherry Supreme Pie
Lemon Supreme Pie
Chocolate Sundae Pie
Old Fashioned Pecan Pie
Chocolate Chocolate Mousse Pie
Caramel Pecan Silk
Supreme Lemon Meringue Pie
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
European Truffle Pie
Chocolate French Silk


Be still, my heart, be still...

When I read these names I feel like Pepe LeMoko reciting the names of the stations on the Paris metro...

[Later: Membership involves printing out the form, filling it out and snailmailing it in together with a check for 35 bucks!! Guess they don't need members so badly after all.]

No comments: