Wednesday, October 05, 2005


PURE LAND MOUNTAIN PHOTOS


In the 3-plus years I've been doing PLM so far, I've posted a lot of my photos in text and sidebar. I've now begun slowly compiling them into a publicly accessible file on Flickr (hence that untowardly throbbing badge over there on the left). But I have a problem with it that maybe one of you CSS experts out there can help me resolve. If I put the badge where I want it, i.e., below the regular Shiga Window photo, everything between it and the photo of me at the top disappears and the badge is where you see it now, but with all that should be above it no longer visible; any way to resolve this? Till resolution, I'll keep it where it is now so that all else remains visible and folks can access the photos if they so desire. Hope you enjoy them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob,

In your source code, after the Shiga Window, the "ONE WAY" sign and the words "One way," there are two horizontal rule tags and a line break tag.

I deleted the two HR tags and inserted the Flickr badge code (everything between "start of Flickr badge" and "end of Flickr badge" and it seemed to work fine.

When testing, make sure to refresh your browser to clear the cached version. better yet, quit and restart your browser.

Now, about all those unclosed center tags and paragraph tags...

Anonymous said...

I love the photos. Did you take them?

~Anna

Robert Brady said...

Thanks, Nils, I'll check it out. One day when I have the hours to spare I'll go through the whole template with a fine-toothed cybercomb...

And thanks, Anna. Yes, those are all by me. Slowly posting...

Anna said...

(That last message wasn't me.) I have just been over to look at your flickr pictures. They are great - the lotus flower is so beautiful. I would like to link to you as a favourite from my own flickr site - but there are no means to do this on yours. Normally there is an option above each photograph. Never mind I'll click in from your link.