Saturday, February 24, 2007


"THE SPIRIT OF MY INVENTIONS IS LOVE."


A lavishly illustrated interview with the amazing (and controversial) Dr. Nakamatsu, the world's 'greatest' (and most diverse!) inventor, with 3218 patents to his name (floppy disc, hard disc, fax, synthesizer, flying shoes etc.) "It's very dangerous. I get that Flash just 0.5 sec before death."

I just bought two of those very handy and practical hand pumps (that I used also when I first came to Japan, for pumping kerosene into my heater), for 98 yen (less than a dollar) each, one for precisely pumping fuel into my chainsaw and one for pumping mountain spring water from the big containers we collect it in. Perfect utility. I learned here that the pump had been invented long before by... the good Doctor himself!

2 comments:

Tabor said...

This is why I read your blog...I learn something totally new and fascinating.

Robert Brady said...

Usually as soon as I do!