Wednesday, August 08, 2007


SATOYAMA


Years ago on Japanese tv I saw a documentary by David Attenborough, called Satoyama, which centered on traditional village life in the reed country on the shores of Lake Biwa. We have spent much time visiting these and many similar places around the Lake, but I had no idea the entire documentary was available for viewing (in 6 parts) on YouTube.

I live in those mountains beyond the soaring hawk at the beginning.

At the beginning of the second part they make funazushi...

With thanks to Todd Lambert for the reminder...

2 comments:

Chancy said...

Thank you Robert

I have bookmarked the Youtube video and I will return and enjoy experiencing the beauty of where you live.

Anonymous said...

Oh Robert, this is wonderful to have...I did the same as Chancy. I can look at these and think of where you are on that lovely mountainside. Thank you so much for sharing...such peace for you.