Tuesday, October 09, 2007


ROCK OF AGES


"When my youngest was 14 years old, way back in 1990, he asked for music for Christmas. His wish list of cds included Steve Miller Band, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, early Dylan, CCR, The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, and The Band, among others.

I was a gratified, but curious parent, and asked him why he wanted all of these oldies.

His reply, spoken with hushed reverence:

'Mom, this is the music of my ancestors!'"

Comment by Corky
following a tune-by-tune post about
The Band's final performance,
The Last Waltz,
filmed by Martin Scorsese

(Serigraph from Wolfgang's Vault)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ancestors--heh. Sounds so old, doesn't it?
My daughter is 23, and loves Jimi Hendrix--she enjoys all kinds of music. I'm proud!

Robert Brady said...

It's always a pleasure (and a worthy source of pride) to see exquisite taste grow in our offspring...

Val said...

My claim to fame is that I went to the same dance school as Mitch Mitchell (tho I knew him as John) We were in the same tap dance class. Nice little boy he was then.