Saturday, July 26, 2008


THUNDERSTORMS


Thunderstorms rise up in distant jeweled towers all around the far shores of the the striated rose and gray Lake, all quiet on this shore but for the insect song, the high chatter of swallows bathing in the last of the sun, flashing the white of their underwings, bursting now and then into clouds of aerodynamics... The rising columns of clouds insist into the sky, like insect song into silence, like clouds of wings into empty air-- they are each and every moment's thought of the earth, working things out, balancing all, earth and sky negotiating like sea does with shore, like birds do with air, like we do with our employers-- wait,,,,what??

3 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

I love thunderstorms....NIRVANA. ~Joy

Robert Brady said...

Joy-- nice to know the things we share; thunderstorms are one of my great delights, as well.

Anonymous said...

Count me in as well. My grandfather and I used to sit on our front porch during spring and summer thunderstorms, when I was a small child. I was never afraid then; and I simply adore them now! They are like a piece of heaven for me...