Friday, February 11, 2005


JAM THE MACHINE

Just now again I heard one of the pundits say: “You're either part of the steamroller or you're part of the road,” an industrial-age bromide that, like any other, can be swallowed whole no problem if you like to think in terms of infrastructure-relational dichotomies, whereas if you're not into strictly-by-the-book behavior like paving maintenance or construction safety, but are capable of actions better suited to a more extensively evolved cosmic existence, you might say screw the expressway altogether and jam the heavy machinery too: slow lane, fast lane, you can have 'em all: I'm headin' off on foot into my ancestral jungle, where I'll pluck me some high-hangin' fruit, then lay down on spiritual ground by the timeless river and daydream about all the choices there are beyond being mindlessly mechanical or getting monodimensional in the passing lane...

No comments: