Wednesday, February 23, 2005


THE PACE OF THOUGHT

On our walk this sunny morning, Echo as usual surging ahead dancing her exercise walk as I sauntered along looking here and there at the scene, stopping now and then maybe to take a photograph, Echo waited for me to catch up at one point and asked me why I, generally a fast walker, walked so slow went we went for our morning walks. I replied: “I'm not going anywhere; I have no destination, no appointment, no schedule, no deadline; why in the world should I walk fast? I'm walking at the pace of thought.” Hadn't really pondered that before - the mind does a lot of our thinking for us - that's a pretty good answer, seems to me. Amazing sometimes, the things we're not aware we're aware of, then there we are, just spouting them out right on the spot like that, listening as we speak...

No comments: