Wednesday, January 04, 2006


SNOW CALLIGRAPHY


Kaya now returned to her alter-home across the Lake, I go out in the silence onto the deck in crisp air to enjoy a glass of Rothschild Chardonnay - very nice at 1000 yen a bottle (amazing price compared to 30 years ago) - and sip as I watch a small snowstorm falling on the Lake in the silence snow knows, the stormswath covering a few acres or so far out there - a small oval in comparison to the Lake shore - heavy snow in a small locus, gliding in a skywave of whiteness across the sapphire blue like a brushpainting brush, scribing great happenings between sky and earth, happenings that we share, as calligraphically as ever...

4 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Ah, what a beautiful picture you paint.

Robert Brady said...

Thanks, Joy; I'm just describing the work of the big artist...

Maethelwine said...

My snow calligraphy is usually yellow.

Sorry, that's really tacky. My parents didn't raise me well.

Robert Brady said...

It's usually incomplete, too; right?