Sunday, April 09, 2006


I LO-O-O-OVE TO SLEEP


On certain Spring mornings after laborious days, with a free-ranging day ahead I love to wallow in that insensible syrup brought on by the body's labors of yesterday, that sweetness one of the blends of heaven and earth in this world; you can sense the heaven in it as you lie there in warm thickness barely able to move it is so pleasurable, thoughtshadows ebbing and flowing on the tides of Morpheus, he is an ancient god and I know why as well as the Greeks did, he is also a drug and I know that why too, though I live all that knowledge in absentia as I lie there drugged with the finest of nature's many innate medicaments, each to its time, yet that does away with time, for time and ecstasy are unrelated things, I nearly realize as I slip back into timelessness, the cool and fragrant morning breeze wafting over my face whence soon issues a long string of large and flowery Zs that slowly fill the air with lambent peace...

4 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Robert, I think that's more than
LO-O-O-OVE...

Chancy said...

Here I sit
sleeping at the keyboard
lulled by hypnotic prose.




ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lolly said...

Oh, you described my morning....
much better than I ever could for sure. It was niiiiiice!

Robert Brady said...

Looks like you folks got up early. Any coffee?