Friday, April 21, 2006


LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER


My brother Mick, keeper of what's left of the family photo archives, has just posted on The Blog Brothers a foto I've never seen, of him and I (and a friend) at around the respective ages of 6 and 8, together with a little vignette of kidlife in the heavy NY winters of the 1940s. Upon seeing the photo, Echo said I look exactly like our daughter Kasumi when she was that age. I'm 65 now, and love Kasumi dearly, but at the age of 8 I'd have been devastated to hear that I looked like any girl whatsoever.

3 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

I just came from the infamous Blog Brothers site....you guys rock. The little guy in the middle does kind of detract from the Brady Boys mystique, but you and Mick are sooo cool, that you pull it off anyway. Cool goggles Bob.

Mary Lou said...

You will have to post a picture of Kasumi so we can see!! Your SOn is over on this side of the water isnt he? I thought I read that a ways back. on to see your blog brothers site....

Robert Brady said...

joy, thanks for the timefood... those goggle were for piloting; I could sure use them now....

mary lou, I will do that - have to rummage through the actual snapshot archives while yet making a living...Yes, Keech (Kitaya) has been in Seattle for the past few years, attending college, but is heading anon for Southern California; wantonness is, after all, genetic.... And all success to every young one with a dream...