Wednesday, September 14, 2005


"BROWNIE, YOU'RE DOING A HECK OF A JOB..."


"I didn't know if I was doing the right thing," the doctor said.

"But I did not have time. I had to make snap decisions, under the most appalling circumstances, and I did what I thought was right.

"I injected morphine into those patients who were dying and in agony.

"If the first dose was not enough, I gave a double dose.

"And at night I prayed to God to have mercy on my soul."

Full story

+

After the Flood audio file (Description)

From PRI

+

"My staff and the vets spend their 18-hour days delivering food and water throughout the city of New Orleans and the surrounding areas. What they have seen is appalling. I have asked them to post their daily diaries on my website (www.michaelmoore.com) along with accompanying photos and video so you can learn what is really going on. What the media is showing you is NOT the whole story. It is much, much worse and there is still little being done to bring help to those who need it.

Our group has visited many outlying towns and villages in Mississippi and Louisiana, places the Red Cross and FEMA haven't visited in over a week. Often our volunteers are the first relief any of these people have seen. They have no food, water or electricity. People die every day. There are no TV cameras recording this. They have started to report the spin and PR put out by the White House, the happy news that often isn't true ("Everyone gets 2,000 dollars!").

The truth is that there are dead bodies everywhere and no one is picking them up. My crew reports that in most areas there is no FEMA presence, and very little Red Cross. It's been over two weeks since the hurricane and there is simply not much being done. At this point, would you call this situation incompetence or a purposeful refusal to get real help down there?"

--Michael Moore newsletter

+

A Doctor's Message from Katrina's Front Lines

4 comments:

Tabor said...

The morphene story(s) is circulating the net. It appears to have originiated in a British "rag" and several physicians have shot some holes in the details of this.

Anonymous said...

Michael Moore, ace reporter. Right.

Robert Brady said...

Take him over FAUX News any day, and with a much smaller grain of salt.

enigma4ever said...

I have flight nurse friends that have real report from Charity hospital-I will try to find way to email you- it is chilling. ( I think the above description is from Memorial- Tenet- and sadly I think it is true- I had some text messeges forwarded to me that were horrifying from Memorial- nurse grapevine thing...44 total have been found dead at Memorial- and they had some critical patients that could not be rescued in time- and they did die- ie. dialysis patients etc...Tenet basically were told to resuce their own- and FEMA did nothing for them...go to http://watergatesummer.blogspot.com/ I spent days trying to get Memorial help- wed.nite on and got nowhere..NYT had articale yesterday about Tenet doing their own rescue..)