Sunday, September 04, 2005


KATRINA SPIN AWARD GOLD MEDAL NOMINEE

"I think the genius of the people who are working here, the genius of the people of
FEMA, the people in the National Guard, the people in the Coast Guard is, they have been marvelously adaptable [sort of like being caged in the Superdome for a week?]. They have brought, for example, airlift capabilities and air rescue capabilities to bear in a way that I don't think we've ever seen in this country before [i.e., the slowest airlift in US history]. And so I think [note the loophole] it is a source of tremendous pride to me to work with people who have pulled off this really exceptional [exceptional in what way, exactly?] response."

Michael Chertoff
Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security

Full vortex
********************
Contrast that bureaupap with these actually felt words...

And this insider opinion regarding Michael Brown, head of FEMA:
"I think I've told you that I'm into Arab horses. Well, for 3 years Michael Brown was hired and then fired by our IAHA, the International Arabian Horse Assoc. He was an unmitigated, total fucking disaster. I was shocked as hell when captain clueless put him in charge of FEMA a couple of years ago." More...

Frank Rich's take on that "genius"

No comments: